Fashion Beams Traffic Exchange

Thursday, December 30, 2010

To celebrate the 60th Anniversary of Trick-or-Treat for UNICEF, teen star Selena Gomez

Albert Michael/Startraks
Look who’s a do-gooder this Halloween!
To celebrate the 60th Anniversary of Trick-or-Treat for UNICEF, teen star Selena Gomez treated her West Coast fans to a private concert last night at the Roxy Theatre in West Hollywood, Calif.
Not only did the 18-year-old sign autographs (and give hugs!), she also performed three original songs along with her band, The Scene.
But that’s not all she’s doing for the global humanitarian relief organization this holiday.
She’s also created an adorable, limited-edition T-shirt ($10, below). Part of her new fashion line Dream Out Loud, it’s available exclusively at Kmart stores nationwide through Oct. 31.

Even better: Seven dollars from each sale will go to the charity’s lifesaving programs that provide clean water, immunizations, better nutrition and education for children.
Inspired by her own fond memories of trick or treating for UNICEF as a child growing up in Grand Prairie, Texas, the Disney star joined the Halloween campaign three years ago to draw attention to the cause.
“I remember how our teachers used to hand out the cardboard boxes in class,” says Gomez, who was named the youngest UNICEF ambassador last year at the age of 17.
Albert Michael/Startraks
“And we used to watch a little video. I think the most I ever collected was about five dollars, but that’s what I love about it. We tell the kids not to focus on the amount but on the fact that they’re helping.”
So what is the Wizards of Waverly Place actress planning to wear this Halloween?
“I don’t think I ever had a bad costume because my mom always let me pick it out. One of my favorites was Jasmine from Aladdin. I was five years old and I had the little top and pants,” reveals Gomez. ”This year, I am going to be Katy Perry.”
Selena Gomez Designs Halloween T-Shirt for UNICEF

No comments:

Post a Comment